The speed of the leader determines the pace of the crew. Leadership is an art and science. When executed properly, team members find they are capable of more than they ever thought possible.
Effective leadership is about leading from the front. Leadership is about leading, as well as managing. Leading is the process of inspiring someone to reach their full potential and challenging them along the way to help them grow. Managing is making sure that all policies are followed in the process of helping them grow, as well as making sure that praise and reprimanding are equal.
Leadership is an art as well as a science. It is about letting your team know how much they mean to you while making them feel invincible! It is all about momentum and keeping them pumped about what they are doing. Success begets success. My leadership style is based on experience, and my personality, as well as hours and hours of professional training. I strive to be a Level 5 Leader. I strive to help my team live our vision. I want everyone to take ownership in their career. I think any great leader does!
Josh was my supervisor at U.S. Cellular for about a year. In that time, I found him to be a person of honesty, integrity, and a genuine sense of caring for his employees. He led through inspiring us to be our best. He was always ready to lend a helping hand when we needed help. He was also willing to spend time teaching us more effective ways to perform our responsibilities.
I considered him a very approachable person as well as an effective communicator. He did a great job taking time to explain company initiatives so that we understood them completely. He gave us the empowerment needed to do our jobs effectively as well. He believes in developing his team for their next position in their career so he always helped me see the bigger picture. In my opinion, he would be a valuable addition to any organization.
“People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.”
- Developed numerous employees and assisted in their promotion to new positions
- Hired entire team for Northcrest (Verizon Wireless) location in Charlotte, NC – Resulted in most balanced Key Performance Indicators as well as #1 in Customer Satisfaction rating for first 3 months of operation
- Led Greenwood team (Verizon Wireless) to #1 in Aircard (Wireless Internet Card) Sales for all of Verizon Wireless in month of October 2007
- Assisted in training new Sales Representatives for Charlotte District of Verizon Wireless resulting in overall increase of 5% in district total sales
- Developed and implemented more effective scheduling strategy that is still in use throughout the entire Carolina/Tennessee region of Verizon Wireless
- Developed and implemented new attendance tracking solution that was used by entire Charlotte district of Verizon Wireless